I suggest you ...

Add "delegate" function

Add the function to track delegated tasks, as does TodoMatrix. That way I do not forget those tasks.

137 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
pbt shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

8 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Start simple but deliver soon.
    Just give us a field to enter a name and then allow us to sort on it.
    Add view capability then linking to contacts later.
    I love MLO...but it would be MUCH MUCH better with delegate tracking of some sort.

• Andrey Pletenev commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I propose to implement it like doit.im.
    Andrey - tasks sharing is great feature to involve many new users to MLO !

• S English commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Having a separate delegate or contact field, rather than filling up my context list with loads of names, would be a really useful feature - When speaking with a contact, I could then use a filter to look up what else I need to follow up with them.

Even better if that field could link to the contacts list on my iPad and in Outlook.

Update: I've now found that I can put a name in the Notes field and use the powerful search function on MLO desktop to give me a shortlist of tasks to update with a contact when I'm talking with them. This makes a dedicated 'Delegate' field less important to me, though something linked with my Outlook and iPad Contacts lists would still be useful.

• Olivier commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I suggest this :
    - In outlook,, if a contact is categorized as "resource" (or whatever the name), it is synced with a Certain list in MLO (i let you imagine the way of creating a "contact tank".
    - In MLO, a field "delegated to" that we can populate with such contacts, the same way we do with context.
    - During sync, if a MLO contact is concerned by a task, then in Outlook, it is flagged for follow up, or a task is created with a link to the outlook contact.

Please, don't make a direct "send to contact", because sometimes, I have tasks such as "remind Mr Bean to return my umbrella" and I don't him to accidentally receive the task ...

• Rob commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

One of my colleagues suggested handling this by creating "people" contexts (e.g., a context called ":-) Bob"). I haven't needed it yet, but I think I would probably set an @Delegated context and the relevant person/people context(s) for each delegated item.

• Gabriele Galanti commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Just start adding a "Team Resources list" including mail address and a "delegated-to" attribute to a task, then a function to send the task by mail to de delegated resources (like in swift-to-do-list)

• nelson commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

To do that would be nice if you can send a task to some one. You keep a copy with the name of the responsable for the task and the person receive the task. Once the task is done or updates the person can send you a uptade.

Feedback and Knowledge Base