Skip to content

General

General

Categories

513 results found

1. In the reminders window, it would be useful to have the ability to pick a specific time for the Snooze.

I spend a lot of time working out how many hours from now I need to enter to be reminded again when I'm at home, or work etc.

I know you can just open the task, but it would be quicker from the dialog especially if you have multiple reminders.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. The password protection feature is great as I'd been waiting for since the early days of MLO back in 2005!

Any chance of implementing a password protection time out, so if I don't use MLO for a while I'm required to re-enter my password?

The reason I ask is that often I'll forget to close MLO at the end of the day and sometimes our maintenance team will jump onto your machine to apply updates.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. This is to some extent an amalgamation of some features that have been requested and some new ones, but the intention behind this suggestion is that all of them would be needed to allow MLO users to use the software to plan complex projects which have a deadline.

1. A 'Schedule On' date in addition to start (when one could start a task) and due (when one must finish a task), schedule on would be when one intends to do a task (some time between the two).
    2. The start date for dependent tasks should be automatically a set time after their…
    1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Would it be possible to change a task's completion field (if it's a project, its status too) depending on changes to its child tasks?

Also, could you ensure that a project's "Completed" status is automatically updated to reflect any changes to its own completed field (checkbox) and vice-versa?

Here are a few cases:

• a task is not completed (if project, status is NOT "Completed"), and the last remaining ongoing child tasks are marked as completed or deleted:

• desired behaviour: prompt the user whether to mark the parent task as completed (and the project status to "Completed")
    • a task is already …

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. When marking a task / project as completed, if it has any incomplete child tasks, MLO should prompt the user to confirm by presenting a dialog with a list of the child / descendant tasks that will also be marked as completed.

If the user confirms, MLO should then proceed to mark the task, and all incomplete descendant tasks as completed.

This involves cascading task completion to descendant tasks, and is related to the following idea which involves propagating changes up to ancestors:
    https://mlo.uservoice.com/forums/9235-general/suggestions/7230821-semi-automatic-task-completion-and-project-status

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. In options -> To-Do ordering options -> Weight factors it is possible to modify the weight for some task factors. In my opinion, the default weight assigned to start date is too high.

I was puzzled by one task always appearing at the top of my "active actions" view, which is sorted by Computed-Score. I was very pleased to discover that I could modify the weight assigned to start date, however, it was necessary to reduce it to about 10% (visual approximation) to get a sorting that made sense. I suspect that this may be the case for most users.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Include max time and effort as factors to be considered when calculating its Computed-Score (short, easy tasks should have higher Computed-Score).

Also, if a task is, by itself, not important or urgent, but there are tasks that depend on it, its Computed-Score should take those dependant tasks into account because it is blocking them.

Alternatively, when adding tasks that depend on the current task, the maximum values of their importance and urgency should optionally be assigned to the current task (if higher). That would be a simpler (but not as nice) way of making the Computed-Score realistically take dependencies into…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. On iPad version, please enable checked items to automatically float to the bottom of the list

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. I would really appreciate a new "derived importance" field that would be computed taking the importance of ancestor tasks / folders into account, as well as its own. It should be possible to add a filter rule based on this field (and also Computed-Score).

This idea is mainly to allow the importance of tasks in different branches and at different levels to be comparable in a meaningful way. The function should assign (configurable?) weight factors to ancestors, with top level tasks / folders weighted highest and descendant / leaf tasks weighted lowest.

Importance values of sibling tasks / folders should…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. The MLO time filter allows the time available to be looked up in Outlook. What I suggest is that this look-up be repeated every x minutes so that the filtered view always shows the tasks that can realistically be done now.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Would it be possible to add the review-related data fields (next review date, review frequency) to the lists of fields that you can use to group/sort tasks? There are a number of useful views that you could create with this functionality.
    Thanks, and keep up the great work.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Its not always necessary to have a start and/or due date for a re-occurring task. This is in part reflected in the ´re-generate task x number of days after competing the previous occurance´. But as we all know, most task should not have a due date, but prioritized by urgency, importance, etc. In this philosophy, it should also be possible to have re-occurring tasks that do not have a fixed start or due date, and its up to the auto prioritization, or simply our daily scan, to decide if we do it today, or tomorrow, or later. At this time,…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. ... to better encourage development of MLO.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Maybe it could sound counterintuitive or contrary to MLO's philosophy, because if you need a task checklist, you can simply add sub-tasks under it.

But sometimes you need a simpler, cleaner way to subdivide a task.

Maybe it could be implemented simply by adding a rich text note editor with checkmarks and put the checklist as a note.

Please, take a look to how trello.com implements them.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. ... so, it wouldn't be so visually intrusive. If the task path is, for example, in a smaller and lighter font; it would be more like a "hint", unintrusive yet useful.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. I support a very large site on safety issues and it would help to be able to include info on the source of the task such as the person, their group, method received such as phone, email, text; date received, stakeholders, etc, request type such as review, survey, lookup something. As sorting tasks by requestor would help in prioritizing items as they are often general requests with no specific deadline but rather need for help. This source could be accomplished by a link to a contact list but the method and date received

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Organize the suggestion box to logical categories, folders, tags to make it easier to see if the idea or something similar is there to avoid suggesting things that are similar to what is already been requested. currently, one has to look through 300+ listings to see what has been suggested.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. 1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Currently if I create a New Task on Android via the New Task Widget the Task shows up in MLO at the Bottom of the Inbox list. I would like there to be an option/setting (for Android and also for Windows) that newly created Tasks (from places like the Android Widget or the Rapid Task Entry Box) would be added to the Top of the Inbox (and similar Views, such as Active Starred), instead of the bottom. Someone else actually asked for this general idea back in July 2015:
    https://groups.google.com/forum/#!searchin/mylifeorganized/top/mylifeorganized/ztRR4Q0SAMw/L1BuSH72FQwJ

For me, being able to have the Tasks get added…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Should be very appreciated when HTML support in note section. So when a HTML email is sent the content stay in tact. Which make the tool even powerfull for "read-later-tasks"

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?