Skip to content

General

General

Categories

513 results found

1. Almost all of my tasks have normal importance and urgency. I only assign non-normal values when tasks are particularly important/unimportant or particularly urgent/non-urgent.

Because I use the importance and urgency this way, when I add the importance and urgency columns to views, I see big long columns of "normal", and the non-normal values get lost in the columns, even with the color formatting helping to call them out. My eye doesn't need to see all those "normal"s; only the non-normal values.

I would like to be able to set MLO so that these columns only show values when the value…

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. So this app already has task dependency. That's great
    In a flowchart you can't really start something until the thing that it was dependent on has been completed
    So why not give the user the ability to navigate through the tasks as if it was always there.

Eg. Let's say you complete 5 tasks in order and when the fifth task is completed it could navigate you back to particular task you decide. Since it's a flowchart that task would have to be completed so it would have its checkbox reset.

Would be nice if you could make a decision…

7 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Currently, MLO will only show the little expansion arrow for a task if there are child tasks present which meet the current view/filter criteria.
    However, it would often be helpful to see at a glance (i.e. w/o having to switch views), if a task has uncompleted child tasks or any child tasks at all, even if they don't meet the current filter criteria.

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. It would be very useful if importance would be inherited from the parents. Indeed, the importance of a task depends on his project's importance, that depends further on his goal's importance, and so on.
    I think that also David Allen thinks so, when he suggests, in his choices' methods, to valuate the importance of a single tasks looking at the importance of goals, the objectives, the roles, and the purpose of one's life.
    Thank you!

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. It would be very useful if importance would be inherited from the parents. Indeed, the importance of a task depends on his project's importance, that depends further on his goal's importance, and so on.
    I think that also David Allen thinks so, when he suggests, in his choices' methods, to valuate the importance of a single tasks looking at the importance of goals, the objectives, the roles, and the purpose of one's life.
    Thank you!

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. The request: Custom sidebar color should not be overridden and changed to dark green when the task is selected.

The problem: I use sidebar color for highlighting some projects and its children tasks. The problem is that the selected task always changes the sidebar to dark green color. If I set red sidebar, I expect to see red sidebar. If I need to check which sidebar color I assigned to a selected task, I need to deselect the task, which is inconvenient and is not logical. Theme or auto-formatting settings do not allow to change that behavior.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Develop a companion app for Wear OS and/or Fitbit OS smart watches, to go with MLO for Android (MLO for iOS had an Apple Watch companion since v3 - for over two years now!)

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Just a suggestion. As I use more than one MLO files, I have multiple MLO tray icons on my taskbar. Could it be possible that each MLO file to indicate the color of the MLO icon so as I can separate which MLO taskbar icon belongs to which MLO file?

As all are white and green now, I have to click and open each one of them to find the MLO window I need to work with.

My idea about colorization of MLO taskbar icons came from Onedrive icons which show the personal onedrive in white and the business onedrive…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Allow any action to be executed by configurable keyboard shortcut. All menu items, all context menu entries, all buttons, all fields, everything. This will only be fully usable if the keyboard shortcut setting screen is searchable and sortable (by key, by context [menu, context menu, ...], by description).

Setting this to "in the works" would make many other withes here obsolete.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. So that we could close the Task properties and views panes and gain more space to work on and simultaneously have the Task properties pane and/or views pane on the screen, changing the positions of the floating windows or minimize them whenever is necessary.

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. For convenient usage of CSS in notes, MLO 5 should provide a so-called "preamble". The preamble is a user-defined list of custom CSS styles with their settings (user can edit this list). Such functionality is usually available in Markdown editors (Any person who worked with HTML/CSS/Markdown should understand what I'm talking about).

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Open the MLO API and let someone else can develop plugin for MLO.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. The task properties are already organized in sections to keep them more manageable. However when you have expanded a few of them the organization gets lost. It would be nice if you could enable a "solo" mode (similar to what Adobe Lightroom has) for the property sections, such that when you open one section, all other sections close. This way only one section is open at the time and you can easily switch between sections.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. The "Next week" goal would span from next Monday to the Sunday after. My goals are often set on Sunday night, but the "Week" goal is pretty useless then.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Only the file name is shown in the title bar. Show the full file path + name instead. At least make it optionable.

Bad: myfile.ml
    Good: C:\Users\Name\Documents\myfile.ml

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. I have a location-based context (Home) that includes a second location-based context (My Room)-- tasks assigned with those contexts have expected behavior, using the Nearby view.

My Room ALSO includes "Has A Computer" which does not have a location. The implication is, that if I am in My Room, it is implied that a computer is available.

I can understand the strict interpretation of "Nearby" to mean only specific contexts which are nearby, but I think the more expected behavior would be to ALSO include in Nearby any context that is implied by the location-based Context.

That is, my Nearby…

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. edit button for the task name instead of clicking the text of the task name. I often have long task names and trying to highlight the task instead of editing becomes more problematic the longer the name. I highlight a task much more often than I edit the name so an edit button in the same line instead of the text that makes the name.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Please add a Cost field and the ability to show the cumulative cost for a list of task, including negative costs. These could be summed up to Parent tasks, etc. The logic for this could also be used for a Time field, for resource leveling across tasks by start date.

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Having user option to control text attributes would be great.

Otoh, these old eyes would be happy with the project reference font to default to black which would be much more legible.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. By default, MLO closes a highlighted task when one hits the space bar. The problem with this is that it is easy to accidentally close tasks. I would like an option to switch off this setting, so that the space bar does nothing (or just adds a space, but not closes a task).

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?