Skip to content

General

General

Categories

513 results found

1. MLO has the concept of "active" tasks, which means according to the help file:

1) no open subtasks
    2) no completed parents
    3) no future start date
    4) not a folder
    5) not "hide in todo"
    6) next if "complete in order"
    7) no open dependencies

However, I just noticed that an important criterion is missing:

8) if it's a project or inside a project, the status of he project must be "in progress"

It does not make sense to me to count tasks in projects that have not been started or have been completed or suspended as "active".

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. For tasks that have sub-tasks, make the min time and max time the total of the time for the sub-tasks.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Would it be possible to add the review-related data fields (next review date, review frequency) to the lists of fields that you can use to group/sort tasks? There are a number of useful views that you could create with this functionality.
    Thanks, and keep up the great work.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. The MLO time filter allows the time available to be looked up in Outlook. What I suggest is that this look-up be repeated every x minutes so that the filtered view always shows the tasks that can realistically be done now.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. The button to move a task is at the bottom of the form. This means that when the task has a long note (very common if coming from an email), the user has to scroll down A LOT just to find the move button

Just by simply moving the move botton at the top of the form, there would be a very big improvement imho in terms of usability anr productivity for those who use often the move task feature

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. I would really appreciate a new "derived importance" field that would be computed taking the importance of ancestor tasks / folders into account, as well as its own. It should be possible to add a filter rule based on this field (and also Computed-Score).

This idea is mainly to allow the importance of tasks in different branches and at different levels to be comparable in a meaningful way. The function should assign (configurable?) weight factors to ancestors, with top level tasks / folders weighted highest and descendant / leaf tasks weighted lowest.

Importance values of sibling tasks / folders should…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. On iPad version, please enable checked items to automatically float to the bottom of the list

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. I would like the possibility to postpone a task. I admit, this is an obvious danger for procrastinators, however, it is not so dangerous if we consider how it would be applied.

Most important, in my opinion, are tasks that are scheduled long in advance or recurring tasks with intervals of weeks, months or even years, because the situation can change over time allowing us to legitimately postpone a task. Otherwise these tasks will just be a distraction in our "Active Actions" view.

Individual tasks can have their due date modified, however, a postpone feature would arguably be most useful…

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. First of all, well done for the great new calendar view feature! I imagine that you have been thinking about how to improve this over subsequent versions. How about this...

• Allow the user to mark a task as an event (a new property I suppose), and require at least a start date or end date to be set.

• For a normal task, when the user sets a begin and end date on the same day, prompt the user whether to mark it as an event.

• These kinds of "event" tasks should appear in the Calendar View listed under "my events",…

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. 0 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Include max time and effort as factors to be considered when calculating its Computed-Score (short, easy tasks should have higher Computed-Score).

Also, if a task is, by itself, not important or urgent, but there are tasks that depend on it, its Computed-Score should take those dependant tasks into account because it is blocking them.

Alternatively, when adding tasks that depend on the current task, the maximum values of their importance and urgency should optionally be assigned to the current task (if higher). That would be a simpler (but not as nice) way of making the Computed-Score realistically take dependencies into…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. In options -> To-Do ordering options -> Weight factors it is possible to modify the weight for some task factors. In my opinion, the default weight assigned to start date is too high.

I was puzzled by one task always appearing at the top of my "active actions" view, which is sorted by Computed-Score. I was very pleased to discover that I could modify the weight assigned to start date, however, it was necessary to reduce it to about 10% (visual approximation) to get a sorting that made sense. I suspect that this may be the case for most users.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. 0 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. When marking a task / project as completed, if it has any incomplete child tasks, MLO should prompt the user to confirm by presenting a dialog with a list of the child / descendant tasks that will also be marked as completed.

If the user confirms, MLO should then proceed to mark the task, and all incomplete descendant tasks as completed.

This involves cascading task completion to descendant tasks, and is related to the following idea which involves propagating changes up to ancestors:
    https://mlo.uservoice.com/forums/9235-general/suggestions/7230821-semi-automatic-task-completion-and-project-status

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Would it be possible to change a task's completion field (if it's a project, its status too) depending on changes to its child tasks?

Also, could you ensure that a project's "Completed" status is automatically updated to reflect any changes to its own completed field (checkbox) and vice-versa?

Here are a few cases:

• a task is not completed (if project, status is NOT "Completed"), and the last remaining ongoing child tasks are marked as completed or deleted:

• desired behaviour: prompt the user whether to mark the parent task as completed (and the project status to "Completed")
    • a task is already …

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. It's minor but should be easy to implement.
    Problem:
    If I type 1:30 into Min Time in the properties pane, it becomes "1 hour, 30 min" (which is ok), however, if I then type 3 into Max Time, both properties are reset to "3 min".

Expected behaviour:
    If one of the values has already been entered, the second one should respect the units used i.e. hours:minues, etc (while still validating Max Time >= Min Time). In the case of the above example, this should have resulted in a Max Time value of "3 hours".

If the user has entered a…

0 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. If I type @home in the search field all the tasks that have the context home assigned to them will be displayed.

If I type in the search field "printer @work @office1" all the tasks that contain the word printer in their name and have the contexts work AND office1 will be displayed.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. I find it hard on the iphone to recognize my MLO File. Every format of the tasks is left out. Not the font nor the colours or even the background colour get´s synchronized. Those features should at least be synchronized to the mobile versions. It´s not necessary to have the option to edit them there.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. My workplace blocks all network traffic, so I am unable to sync my Windows Desktop version with my Android device. I cannot use wifi or cloud to sync. Allowing to sync over Bluetooth would solve this problem.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. I'd suggest to add the future to modify a task via a dilog. Very ofther it is more efficient to modify all the task's attrubutes in a single dedicated dialog rather then wondering between lists of tasks and side-bar menu with properties..
    It has been done already for Android platrorm, why don't make it for the Desktop app as well?

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
1 2 5 7 9 25 26