Skip to content

General

General

Categories

513 results found

1. This is to some extent an amalgamation of some features that have been requested and some new ones, but the intention behind this suggestion is that all of them would be needed to allow MLO users to use the software to plan complex projects which have a deadline.

1. A 'Schedule On' date in addition to start (when one could start a task) and due (when one must finish a task), schedule on would be when one intends to do a task (some time between the two).
    2. The start date for dependent tasks should be automatically a set time after their…
    1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. At present MLO forces users to work in a strictly linear mode when using the Next Action views. i.e. it only shows ONE Next Action at a time for each project.

However, according to GTD theory, if more than one Action on a Project is truly actionable right now then you should list them ALL as 'Next Actions'.

So what I am calling for to have a new field called "Force Next" (or something similar) that will in effect "force" that Action to appear in the Next Actions view even if it is not the first Action in the list…

0 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. At present MLO forces users to work in a strictly linear mode when using the Next Action views. i.e. it only shows ONE Next Action at a time for each project.

However, according to GTD theory, if more than one Action on a Project is truly actionable right now then you should list them ALL as 'Next Actions'.

So what I am calling for to have a new field called "Force Next" (or something similar) that will in effect "force" that Action to appear in the Next Actions view even if it is not the first Action in the list…

0 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. The password protection feature is great as I'd been waiting for since the early days of MLO back in 2005!

Any chance of implementing a password protection time out, so if I don't use MLO for a while I'm required to re-enter my password?

The reason I ask is that often I'll forget to close MLO at the end of the day and sometimes our maintenance team will jump onto your machine to apply updates.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. In the reminders window, it would be useful to have the ability to pick a specific time for the Snooze.

I spend a lot of time working out how many hours from now I need to enter to be reminded again when I'm at home, or work etc.

I know you can just open the task, but it would be quicker from the dialog especially if you have multiple reminders.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. The Amazon Fire Phone, although an android-based device, does not support traditional widgets. I like having quick access to my task list and rapid entry of new tasks on android and miss it with my new Fire Phone. Info is here: https://developer.amazon.com/public/solutions/devices/fire-phone/docs/understanding-the-app-widget-on-fire-phone

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. The sidebar for inputting parameters can be a little difficult to use as it seems very squashed into the edge of the page. Would be good if you could double click on the task and a window open with the task properties available for setting/amending. MS project does this for task items with a tabbed page.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. There is FAR too much wasted vertical space on the Android version of MLO. I am using a Samsung Galaxy Note 3 and the height of the text is only about 1/8th of the height of each row, and most of the screen seems to be 'white space' !

I suggest a "Compact view" button at (say) the top of the Outline page, that would toggle on/off a more compact view. This compact view might just include the 1st line of text (i.e. no wrapping of the title).

Or you could only show the 2nd row of text if the…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. I work in an environment of un-even work load. I snooze a lot of my reminders. Postponing it to the next day or to finish during lunch/dinner or after hours/late. Procrastinate for a few minutes to few hours. Every time I hit snooze, it is very time consuming to make a change. Especially, if I want to postpone a number of reminders/tasks due to some urgency.

I wish to have following group of radio buttons for snoozing:
    Group #1: Minute / Hour / Day (right now it takes 1 more click to get radio buttons)
    Group #2: 0, 1, 2,…

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. I require more frequent sync than the default MLO algorithm. Because of this I use an autohotkey script to create a sync each time I quick add a task. Unfortunetly the pop-up window for sync is in progress appears and this is annyoing. Please create an option to hide it by default.

Thank you !

0 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Tasks outline would be primary view with whole task structure and on right side there would be task list with current tasks list or vice versa.
    It would be good way to have big picture while keeping track of current tasks in a simple way.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. i.e. my Credit Card
    The statement date is 18th every month,and the repayment date is 25 days after the satement date.The current version cannot deal with this.

8 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Proposed feature:
    Drag and drop to create task dependencies (using a hotkey to distinguish from a move).

Example of use:
    drag a task with the shift-key held down and drop it on another task to show that the task you have dragged is a dependencies for the one that you dropped it on to.

original post on google groups forum:
    https://groups.google.com/forum/#!searchin/mylifeorganized/dependency/mylifeorganized/qGXXsTQuUy0/xhsGdpYiRwEJ

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. At the moment the calculated score presumes a task with no due date could be due right now and so gives it the highest score. I, and so I'm guessing maybe others, use no due date to mean it could be done whenever, which means it should be lower in priority than something due tomorrow. Could we please have an option to treat no due date in this way?

9 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. After having to get a replacement laptop from work and forgetting to first save all of my MLO views so I could restore them on the new laptop, I thought it would be really cool to be able to save your views to your profile on the MLO Cloud and retrieve the different views as desired.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Those can have standardized notes, attributes which are useful for the sprecific category of task.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. I've had to re establish this idea, as it was marked as 'implemented' by delayed dependency. IT was not. Delayed dependency sets the start date. What was asked for here was a way to set the due date based on the completions date. This is a totally different thing. Due dates have a huge impact on calculated scores and so they are what really need to be set. as in the example in the original post, an invoice is 'due' 30 days after the work's completed, not to be started 30 days after the works completed. The original post got…

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Click on task's importance then 'CTRL+UPARROW' to increase Task importance.
    Click on task's importance then 'CTRL+DOWNARROW' to decrease Task importance.
    Same idea for task urgency.

In Properties :
    Click on Importance cursor then Mousewheel to increase or decrease task importance
    Click on Urgency cursor then Mousewheel to increase or decrease task urgency

Still in Properties :
    Add the possibility to enter manually a specified value in Importance and Urgency field.

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. MLO allows users to manually set a Flag for each task. This displays nicely in the desktop version (not on phone yet). But needs to be manually set by users for every required task.
    It would help productivity if the Flag could be set by the Automatic Formatting feature of MLO, so that some combination of rules could set the Flag automatically.
    Also, the Flag field could be used to display a 'Context Icon/Flag', if it were possible to optionally associate any Context with a single Flag. People could assign a Flag to their favourite Contexts and have this display…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. For planning when to do certain tasks, the idea of having those with the nearest due date at the top only actually works if you presume that each task only takes one day.

Say for example it's Monday, you had a task which took one day and was due Thursday, and one task which took a week and was due Friday. Currently MLO would show the first task as the priority (all other scores being equal) as it is due earlier, but in reality the second task is the most urgent. If you don't start that one right away, it…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
1 2 6 8 10 25 26