Skip to content

General

General

Categories

513 results found

1. There is FAR too much wasted vertical space on the Android version of MLO. I am using a Samsung Galaxy Note 3 and the height of the text is only about 1/8th of the height of each row, and most of the screen seems to be 'white space' !

I suggest a "Compact view" button at (say) the top of the Outline page, that would toggle on/off a more compact view. This compact view might just include the 1st line of text (i.e. no wrapping of the title).

Or you could only show the 2nd row of text if the…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Those can have standardized notes, attributes which are useful for the sprecific category of task.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Click on task's importance then 'CTRL+UPARROW' to increase Task importance.
    Click on task's importance then 'CTRL+DOWNARROW' to decrease Task importance.
    Same idea for task urgency.

In Properties :
    Click on Importance cursor then Mousewheel to increase or decrease task importance
    Click on Urgency cursor then Mousewheel to increase or decrease task urgency

Still in Properties :
    Add the possibility to enter manually a specified value in Importance and Urgency field.

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. I set "@Home" to include "@Calls", "@Computer", ... I thought this would automatically show them when I'm at home. But when I click on "Nearby" I only see one context ("@Home") and the "@Call" tasks are not included.

Probably a bug of the Android version, according to a comment on this suggestion: http://mlo.uservoice.com/forums/9235-general/suggestions/1273221-allow-multiple-locations-for-a-context.

57 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. I require more frequent sync than the default MLO algorithm. Because of this I use an autohotkey script to create a sync each time I quick add a task. Unfortunetly the pop-up window for sync is in progress appears and this is annyoing. Please create an option to hide it by default.

Thank you !

0 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. I've had to re establish this idea, as it was marked as 'implemented' by delayed dependency. IT was not. Delayed dependency sets the start date. What was asked for here was a way to set the due date based on the completions date. This is a totally different thing. Due dates have a huge impact on calculated scores and so they are what really need to be set. as in the example in the original post, an invoice is 'due' 30 days after the work's completed, not to be started 30 days after the works completed. The original post got…

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Tasks outline would be primary view with whole task structure and on right side there would be task list with current tasks list or vice versa.
    It would be good way to have big picture while keeping track of current tasks in a simple way.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. 36 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Adding the option of selecting goal states and whether or not tasks are starred into the Android Filter Options wouldn't be too hard and would make a huge difference. This way the user could see all Goals by Context, Starred by Context, Weekly Goals by Context, etc. Rename "Filter by Context" to "Filter Tasks", add a divider at the end or before the Contexts, and list 4 items: Weekly Goal, Monthly Goal, Yearly Goal, and Starred.

5 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. After having to get a replacement laptop from work and forgetting to first save all of my MLO views so I could restore them on the new laptop, I thought it would be really cool to be able to save your views to your profile on the MLO Cloud and retrieve the different views as desired.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Currently, when navigating the tree outline (or any other view I think), pressing an alphanumeric character starts you 'cycling' through all tasks that start with that character. BUT it starts this cycle from the very TOP of the tree.

If a user already has a task selected (somewhere half way down the tree structure) and can see a number of subtasks (and even sub-subtasks) in the following lines below the current position, it would be great if they can jump to one of them in one go, by simply pressing the initial letter of that task description.

This, combined with…

7 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. I have a need for fields that are specific to the way I manage todo's. I could create these is there were a number of custom fields available.
    The data/input format for the fields could be user-selectable as either freeform text, multiple items a la context, on/off check box, select from list, or scale of values selected by slider a la urgency.
    I would need to be able to sort and filter on these fields.

86 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. With extended use of this powerful tool, battery life can run down quickly with the bright white theme. With dark theme I wouldn't be surprised if MLO would provide 5-10 times extended use by saving battery life not used lighting the surrounding like it does now.

45 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    started  ·  4 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. MLO allows users to manually set a Flag for each task. This displays nicely in the desktop version (not on phone yet). But needs to be manually set by users for every required task.
    It would help productivity if the Flag could be set by the Automatic Formatting feature of MLO, so that some combination of rules could set the Flag automatically.
    Also, the Flag field could be used to display a 'Context Icon/Flag', if it were possible to optionally associate any Context with a single Flag. People could assign a Flag to their favourite Contexts and have this display…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. For planning when to do certain tasks, the idea of having those with the nearest due date at the top only actually works if you presume that each task only takes one day.

Say for example it's Monday, you had a task which took one day and was due Thursday, and one task which took a week and was due Friday. Currently MLO would show the first task as the priority (all other scores being equal) as it is due earlier, but in reality the second task is the most urgent. If you don't start that one right away, it…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. I see the need for instant synchronization daily; Working on my laptop and adding new tasks, having suddenly to walk over to a conference room or colleague, or preparing the next day on my home computer. But since MLO does not synchronize other than on intervals or when the application exits, and not when the laptop goes to sleep since it is closed, I don't have access to those tasks.

Instant synchronization is possible, and does not have to be that hard to implement. For the purpose of implementing this in the current MLO cloud, I propose looking at:
    *…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. When creating tasks the thing that slows me down the most is setting its properties (contexts, due date, etc). I would guess on average I'd be creating most tasks twice as fast, if there was a way to auto set properties.

For example, I leave an urgent message for a colleague. I need a question to be answered today. The task I'd probably create would have the subject, "Urgent: WaitingFor colleague's answer to question". I'd then set the context to @WaitingFor and the due date to today.

If, when the task was saved, the due date was set based on…

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Dear Madams and Sirs

I appreciate your efforts to develop such an amazing application for GTD users.

I hope you can add features of "Insert links to folders" and "Insert links to files" to replace "Insert link to a file", because we usually need to insert serveral links to folders and files, but current we can't insert link to a folder and we've to do many times to insert several links to files.
    If you can provide these features in next version, I appreciate you.

Thanks!

donnie

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. A lot of people use Evernote or OneNote because they're much more than just text capture. Rather than try to recreate something like this, how about making it easier to use them from MLO.

Both have URL links to notes and notes can be fairly easily viewed as HTML. How about a way to create a new linked note from MLO or generate a task in MLO from a note (you can do this with OneNote: note->outlook task->MLO). They could be viewed in MLO (some features might be missing), then use a link to open the real app for editing…

629 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Although I could manage autosync for my Windows desktop with scheduled tasks, I should still press "Sync" button in Android app.
    It drives me mad, because all other Android apps autosync in background.

20 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?