Skip to content

General

General

Categories

513 results found

1. When marking a task / project as completed, if it has any incomplete child tasks, MLO should prompt the user to confirm by presenting a dialog with a list of the child / descendant tasks that will also be marked as completed.

If the user confirms, MLO should then proceed to mark the task, and all incomplete descendant tasks as completed.

This involves cascading task completion to descendant tasks, and is related to the following idea which involves propagating changes up to ancestors:
    https://mlo.uservoice.com/forums/9235-general/suggestions/7230821-semi-automatic-task-completion-and-project-status

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. On iPad version, please enable checked items to automatically float to the bottom of the list

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. 0 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. In options -> To-Do ordering options -> Weight factors it is possible to modify the weight for some task factors. In my opinion, the default weight assigned to start date is too high.

I was puzzled by one task always appearing at the top of my "active actions" view, which is sorted by Computed-Score. I was very pleased to discover that I could modify the weight assigned to start date, however, it was necessary to reduce it to about 10% (visual approximation) to get a sorting that made sense. I suspect that this may be the case for most users.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. 0 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Would it be possible to change a task's completion field (if it's a project, its status too) depending on changes to its child tasks?

Also, could you ensure that a project's "Completed" status is automatically updated to reflect any changes to its own completed field (checkbox) and vice-versa?

Here are a few cases:

• a task is not completed (if project, status is NOT "Completed"), and the last remaining ongoing child tasks are marked as completed or deleted:

• desired behaviour: prompt the user whether to mark the parent task as completed (and the project status to "Completed")
    • a task is already …

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. It's minor but should be easy to implement.
    Problem:
    If I type 1:30 into Min Time in the properties pane, it becomes "1 hour, 30 min" (which is ok), however, if I then type 3 into Max Time, both properties are reset to "3 min".

Expected behaviour:
    If one of the values has already been entered, the second one should respect the units used i.e. hours:minues, etc (while still validating Max Time >= Min Time). In the case of the above example, this should have resulted in a Max Time value of "3 hours".

If the user has entered a…

0 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. If I type @home in the search field all the tasks that have the context home assigned to them will be displayed.

If I type in the search field "printer @work @office1" all the tasks that contain the word printer in their name and have the contexts work AND office1 will be displayed.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. I find it hard on the iphone to recognize my MLO File. Every format of the tasks is left out. Not the font nor the colours or even the background colour get´s synchronized. Those features should at least be synchronized to the mobile versions. It´s not necessary to have the option to edit them there.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. My workplace blocks all network traffic, so I am unable to sync my Windows Desktop version with my Android device. I cannot use wifi or cloud to sync. Allowing to sync over Bluetooth would solve this problem.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. At present MLO forces users to work in a strictly linear mode when using the Next Action views. i.e. it only shows ONE Next Action at a time for each project.

However, according to GTD theory, if more than one Action on a Project is truly actionable right now then you should list them ALL as 'Next Actions'.

So what I am calling for to have a new field called "Force Next" (or something similar) that will in effect "force" that Action to appear in the Next Actions view even if it is not the first Action in the list…

0 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. The password protection feature is great as I'd been waiting for since the early days of MLO back in 2005!

Any chance of implementing a password protection time out, so if I don't use MLO for a while I'm required to re-enter my password?

The reason I ask is that often I'll forget to close MLO at the end of the day and sometimes our maintenance team will jump onto your machine to apply updates.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. I'd suggest to add the future to modify a task via a dilog. Very ofther it is more efficient to modify all the task's attrubutes in a single dedicated dialog rather then wondering between lists of tasks and side-bar menu with properties..
    It has been done already for Android platrorm, why don't make it for the Desktop app as well?

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Proposed feature:
    Drag and drop to create task dependencies (using a hotkey to distinguish from a move).

Example of use:
    drag a task with the shift-key held down and drop it on another task to show that the task you have dragged is a dependencies for the one that you dropped it on to.

original post on google groups forum:
    https://groups.google.com/forum/#!searchin/mylifeorganized/dependency/mylifeorganized/qGXXsTQuUy0/xhsGdpYiRwEJ

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. This is to some extent an amalgamation of some features that have been requested and some new ones, but the intention behind this suggestion is that all of them would be needed to allow MLO users to use the software to plan complex projects which have a deadline.

1. A 'Schedule On' date in addition to start (when one could start a task) and due (when one must finish a task), schedule on would be when one intends to do a task (some time between the two).
    2. The start date for dependent tasks should be automatically a set time after their…
    1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. I work in an environment of un-even work load. I snooze a lot of my reminders. Postponing it to the next day or to finish during lunch/dinner or after hours/late. Procrastinate for a few minutes to few hours. Every time I hit snooze, it is very time consuming to make a change. Especially, if I want to postpone a number of reminders/tasks due to some urgency.

I wish to have following group of radio buttons for snoozing:
    Group #1: Minute / Hour / Day (right now it takes 1 more click to get radio buttons)
    Group #2: 0, 1, 2,…

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. The Amazon Fire Phone, although an android-based device, does not support traditional widgets. I like having quick access to my task list and rapid entry of new tasks on android and miss it with my new Fire Phone. Info is here: https://developer.amazon.com/public/solutions/devices/fire-phone/docs/understanding-the-app-widget-on-fire-phone

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Please simple gantt chart into mlo. It will be very useful to have visualisation of your tasks and projects on time line.

183 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Android MLO should sync all tasks to the linked Google Calendar, everyone these days have Gmail or Google Calendar. It is very important that MLO can sync with Google Calendar!

58 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. The sidebar for inputting parameters can be a little difficult to use as it seems very squashed into the edge of the page. Would be good if you could double click on the task and a window open with the task properties available for setting/amending. MS project does this for task items with a tabbed page.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
1 2 6 8 10 25 26