Skip to content

General

General

Categories

513 results found

1. In 90% cases I open task to add/edit its notes. I struggle to every time scroll down to the bottom of edit task screen for that.

Would be great to streamline UI to better accommodate a scenario like mine.

9 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Would be nice to be able to add more data fields, eg. having a box where i could add a quantity, which then would be added up in the parent view of the folder structure.
    I´m a freelancer and would like to use MLO also to organize my jobs and also add what I earned with each job. Great would also be the option to import a link to map or contact or email in each entry! Would be a shame if such a nice and elaborate folder structure leaves only a text and date field to fill out!!

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. In evernote, the outline appears in a side pane and when you are sitting on a specific item in the outline, all the items which are 'inside' that item in the outline, display in the main window. Because of this screen layout, it's extremely easy to drag and drop an item into a different point in the outline. In comparison to Evernote's ease of use here, MLO is very time consuming and 'futzy' to use. Please give us easy drag and drop like Evernote's!

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. 2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Since i now own a playbook and really like the tethering with the blackbery smartphones, i really would apprecia if it will also be an app for the playbook which could be sync by wifi

5 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Even if you have List View Display Mode set to Full View, the task text gets truncated to two lines. The individual task should instead expand vertically to always show the full title. By implementing variable-height tasks you can also make single line tasks shorter and not have all the empty vertical space. See MobisleNotes (note the spelling) in the Android Market for an example of how this is done.

This should apply to the task properties screen as well. The text field should expand instead of being limited to showing two lines at a time.

Clipping the title reduces…

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Configure if new subtask will be @ top or @ botton of list. Also sorting by date, a-z etc. would be nice.

19 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. I would foressee a numerical outline, easy to build by foreseeing 3 extra fields: Father (for each node, who is my father), Level (I'm a node of which level), Order (Within my level, which is my order or ranks in the sequence). The numerical outline is the a fourth field computed as a concatenation: e.g. 01.01.02.05
    When exporting to excel a macro could rebuild this outline and have the Excel 'Data' tree (green 'group' arrow) automatically built.

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. A lot of people use Evernote or OneNote because they're much more than just text capture. Rather than try to recreate something like this, how about making it easier to use them from MLO.

Both have URL links to notes and notes can be fairly easily viewed as HTML. How about a way to create a new linked note from MLO or generate a task in MLO from a note (you can do this with OneNote: note->outlook task->MLO). They could be viewed in MLO (some features might be missing), then use a link to open the real app for editing…

629 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. At present, indicating dependencies seems to only hide dependent items from the to-do view, without taking into account the urgency, importance, etc. of the dependent item.

It's possible to work around this, but there should be an option to make a dependency behave like a parent-child relationship so that dependent items are ranked correctly in the to-do list.

18 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Did you think about the possibility to integrate a small database in MLO for example for adress data or personal datas which are connected to a task and can be can exported to a list.

For example you create a new task. Than you have the chance to integrate serveral fields with informations. These informations are stored in a database which an exported for example to excel.

If someone has got a solution which exists today please let me know.

Best regards

Karl

13 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Most important is a Rapid Task Entry Widget (in addition a fairly customizable list widget should be there). Very appreciated would be dragging and droping a Task (into a folder or sth else) and keep the Properties as a Menu-Point for the Hardwarebutton (or customizable Behaviour in Settings with Touch Delays). Otherwise the MLO- Mainfeature (hierarchical Organization) isn't fully availible for Android, that would be a pity.
    Another Thing is integration in Agenda Widget or other Stuff. Perhaps these Developers can be offered a little API for extracting list Information from the MLO Data.

The Design looks promising (i like…

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. There are some interface elements that would be great to hide. Some are:

• I only use the "Outline" view. I would love to reclaim that space by hiding the tab for "Outline" since its the only one.

Also a better arrangement must exist for the "Task To-Do Visiblity". I would love to use context more but I always have the "General" options minimized because of the big waste of space to the left of "Task To-Do Visibility". Maybe move Context and Urgency/Priority to their own panel section and leave "General" for details truly related to MyLifeOrganized

8 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. I suggest adding a REAL attach files function.

It seems the "attach link" feature (Ctrl+Alt+F) suffices for most. But with all the new avenues to view the task list (portable, iPhone, etc) the linked files dont go along for the ride. I am a scientist and would love to be able to create a "Read This" task and drop an article's pdf in. I just cant make the switch from Outlook complete until I can bring the tasks files with me.

To keep the main *.ml file compact maybe create an ml "storage" file. Use zip or something to have…

54 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Would like to see recurring tasks that fall on a weekend optionally rescheduled to a weekday. Designation would be to have it move to the nearest weekday or the earlier weekday. Example: a task that recurs on the 20th of each month. When the 20th falls on a Sunday, the task would automatically be due on:

A. Nearest Weekday Option: Monday
    B. Earlier Weekday Option: Friday

5 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Support for search using regular expressions would be great to create accurate searches.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. I use the rapid tasks feature for quick capture (Inbox - GTD style). However, it always inserts my entries at the bottom of the selected main list (folder or parent task). I would like to control if its inserted at the top of bottom. So basically controlling whether its a Last in/First out or Last in/last out

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Just like Lastpass. I won't subscribe to your service till it does this. My data needs to be encrypted on my desktop/phone with AES before syncing to your cloud service. That way only I have access to my data. You will get hacked eventually, your cloud service is a treasure trove of identity theft data. Anyway, why do you need to see my data? Only I should have access to it after all.

23 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Add the function to track delegated tasks, as does TodoMatrix. That way I do not forget those tasks.

142 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. In this view I can't view for which folder or project these tasks. I have many projects with repeating tasks. And when I see many tasks with one name and no info about parent it's confusing me.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?